Currently in Texas, we are ranked 38th in a 2015 NAEP Average Reading fourth-grade score comparison. To address this problem, our Texas education community must focus on all students to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in their reading skills, and create effective individualized data-driven learning plans.
MindPlay Universal Screener (RAPS 360), approved on the Commissioner’s List of Reading Instruments, does exactly that and more! MindPlay Universal Screener is a fully computerized, comprehensive diagnostic reading assessment. In just minutes, it tests and assesses basic reading skills for a single student, a classroom, an entire school, or a school district.
The Universal Screener targets instruction and provides educators with data to:
- Identify underperforming students.
- Analyze and group students for instruction and intervention according to individual needs.
- Target instruction needed to improve skill acquisition and test scores.
- Develop an individualized learning plan.
- Measure progress to determine if remediation is successful.
- Determine appropriate resources to assist students needing accelerated progress.
- Set data-driven goals and match timelines to high stakes testing.
- Provide continuous monitoring of student progress throughout the year
The Universal Screener collects diagnostic information about a student’s comprehension, fluency, listening comprehension, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, phonics and visual scanning.
MindPlay Universal Reading Screener (RAPS 360®) Student Subscription License (non-transferable)
Subscription Duration Price Per License
12 months $5.00
46 Weeks $4.50
40 Weeks $4.00